Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Snow


For a number of days it has been warmer and sunny. The huge piles of snow had begun to shrink. Then, we got hit hard again. I had to shovel just to let the dogs out this morning. It continued to snow all day, and each time I opened the door the snow was deeper, obliterating the paw prints from the time before.
I couldn't get out to the chickens, but I had prepared yesterday for the possibility, filling up water and food dishes to last two days(I hope). No matter what happens tomorrow, I'll have to make my way out there and check on them. I feel bad for my poor girls, but there is really nothing I can do about the weather. I guess nature has prepared them for the cold, but they can't be very comfortable. We could survive, too, in the chicken house with them. But I don't think we would like it much. I bet they don't either.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ENJOY GETTING TO KNOW YOU VIA YOUR BLOGS...

AM VERY INTERESTED IN LEARNING TO MIX WATERCOLORS...

IF INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT DREW4MASTERGARDENER1@YAHOO.COM.

HOPEFULLY, I'LL HEAR FROM YOU.

THANK YOU. REGI