Monday, March 01, 2010

Cucumbers

Thom said these are the only cucumbers he got from his garden last year. He photographed them next to a fork to show their size and it makes a beautiful still life. I have run out of white paint in every medium, so I decided to tackle this in pastel. I thought it needed too much detail to really come across, but it's all I had. I actually love the results, though not as much as I love this picture of it. If only the original works were as good as they look on here..........

I framed some of my woodcuts and hung them in a show at Lisa's gallery. The opening (and closing) were Saturday night and no one but other artists were impressed with them. I did sell one of the watercolors I put in the last show that was still hanging on the wall. It was better than nothing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: