Thursday, March 11, 2010

Failure and Success


I started this yesterday at Art Group using watercolor and gouache. Never having used gouache before, the results were ghastly. Not one to give up, I went over it today with pastel, that wonderful medium that covers all disasters. I like this one better than the male dancers and I might work more on that to bring it up to the standard now set by the women. There must be a hundred layers of pastel on this.

I'm thinking of making a book of the pictures that will be in the exhibit Thom and I are having. On Blurb you can do that and order copies. I'd put the photo on one page with the painting on the page opposite it. I like the idea, but can't think of a good reason to do it. I'll keep trying to think of one, though.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: