Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gladiolas

It's been some time since I posted anything and it's hard to say why. I have been busy framing and finishing up my work for the show, which is opening May 6. It is tedious and time-consuming, so I guess I had nothing much to say. This is the last painting I did, and it was a terrible watercolor. I had to wipe off the whole top half and then go over everything with pastel. It's quite pretty now and I'm glad I persisted
in the face of disaster.

Today I framed the big painting of the crowd in Hawaii...the first one I did for the show. I found a frame that had been on Thelma's painting which was pretty close to the right size. In order to use it, though, I had to take the painting off the stretchers, cut off both ends and glue it to a piece of masonite. The piece of masonite went with a different frame, so I had to saw it down. The whole enterprise went remarkably well, despite the fact that I couldn't find either my saw or the spray-on adhesive. I used the jigsaw and some Elmer's glue, which worked very well. Most of my other things are framed, but I still have two more paintings to do and finish the framing...........I have enough time to do it as long as I don't drag my heels.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Renee said...

It's still good to see you, even if you don't have much to day. I never can find anything to write about on Facebook either :)

Renee said...

I meant, "to say," not "to day," hehe.