Wednesday, January 15, 2014

False Spring

 
 After such terrible weather we are experiencing a pseudo-spring.  The chickens got to go outside for the first time in more than a week.  Adding to the ambiance are the spring bulbs Don sent me for Christmas.  This is the first installment, the second is beside it, and the third will be along later.  This stretches out the time that something is blooming inside, waiting for good weather.  These pictures were taken last week, and there are even more blossoms now.

To ad to the gloominess of the past week or so, my computer monitor stopped working and I was unable to use the computer.  I never realized how much I use it until it was gone.  Yesterday the new one I ordered arrived and I feel like life is now back to normal.  Even though I had my little tablet, I am not yet well-enough versed in its intricacies to use it effectively.

Now that the sun is out and the temperature in the 30's, I feel grounded in the physical world again.  Even the day lilies beside the front door have poked up out of the ground as if to investigate the possibility of coming out of hibernation.  During those frigid dark days is like being buried in a tunnel with no way out. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely chickens!
Hope the year continues well for you, Cherl.
:-) e.