Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Apres la Deluge

I have had quite a series of  electronic and mechanical problems over the last couple of weeks that interfered with my regular routines, including writing here.  I had no internet, no phone, and no heat..  Gradually things returned to normal and I won't bother to expand on my hiatus from normal life.  I am always at my best during emergencies, though, and the whole thing was quite exhilarating.

Most of the snow we had has disappeared, but before it did, this picture of me and the dogs was taken by a photographer I ran into on my morning walk.  He was doing some work for the Tides Institute, taking pictures of Eastport with a special camera.  We talked about it for awhile, and then he asked if he could take my picture.  Of course I said yes, but I never expected to see the results.  This copy came to me by way of Hugh French, director of the Tides Institute.  I love it.  It sums up my life.......

1 comment:

karenwihbey said...

Great photo, Cheri! Glad you have services back-stay warm!