Sunday, July 20, 2014

How does my garden grow?







As the snow amazes me every winter, the plants amaze me every summer.  Inside and out I am surrounded by blooming vegetation.  For this, I feel somewhat responsible, vaguely proud.  All I have actually contributed to the process is the placement of seeds, bulbs, and plants in an arrangement pleasing to my human eye.  I've thwarted the growth of some and encouraged others with water and fertilizer.  All things considered, though, my role is minimal.  Watching something grow from what appears to be nothing is no less than awe-inspiring.  It leaves me (almost) speechless.

1 comment:

P. J. Grath said...

What about the bricks? Did you put those in place? Mine are still in a jumble, awaiting time and energy that never seem to come singly in the summer, let alone together!