Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pagota

For my own sanity I took a short break from my origami tarantula and made this pagoda.  I had to prove to myself that I wasn't completely inept or senile.  I am still not able to do my closed sink reliably, though I am slowly learning..  At this point I can accomplish the fold every time I try it, but I still have trouble.  I am seriously wondering if my cognitive powers are diminishing, since inability to learn new things is a symptom of impending dementia.  I try to dismiss the possibility, but I worry that I will end up like my mother, who had Alzheimer's disease for the last ten years of her life. She ended up in a nursing home not knowing who she or anyone else was. 

This thought has plagued me off and on for quite a few years.  Luckily I am able to keep myself from dwelling on it.  There's nothing I can do.  Meanwhile, I will make that tarantula if it's the last thing I do. 

2 comments:

Bits Of Me said...

Keep trying you'll get it eventualy

Alvyane said...

hello,

please, sorry for langage... i'm French, I'm very bad in English. Origami is a fantastic art, and you have worked very well.

kiss bye !!