Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Amaryllis

I got this bulb for Christmas in early December and it just sat in the pot it came in for weeks.  I transplanted it, hoping for signs of life, but again, the only thing that came up were weeds that must have come from the Christmas tree that at one point hovered above it.  Finally I decided it was not going to do anything, so put it on the floor under the kitchen table.  My plan was to throw it out, but typically I forgot about it and there it sat.  Today I was looking for something to put my cooking utensils in.  The tall vase came to mind.  When I dragged it out, I saw that amazingly the bulb had sprouted two little leaves. Benign neglect can never be underestimated.

I only hope that now that I have brought it into the light and given it some water it won't die of shock.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: