Monday, January 07, 2013

Self Portrait

 It seemed unusually cold when I woke up, and when I checked the thermostat it read 41 degrees.  That'a a little chilly for indoor temperature, even for me.  I had obviously run out of fuel.  I often wish that I could meet my old neighbor in Newburgh again and compare "if it's not one thing it's another" stories with her. In any case, I had to call the fuel company ( $75.00 extra to restart the furnace) and shovel the intake pipe out.  I'm waiting for the technician now to restore the furnace to functioning. 

Meanwhile, I decided to take a picture of myself.  I noticed the self portrait I did of myself several years again the hall, and thought it might be time to bring myself up to date.  I placed a  mirror against the wall in my studio and took several shots.  This one shows the reality of things more than the others. but I will most likely use one of the others when I paint myself.  They are all more interesting because the light from the window obliterates a lot of the figure, or at least obscures it.  I can't wait to get started.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kate said...

Aha. And you have your new vest on. You look very warm in it.