Thursday, January 31, 2013

Back at the Obits and Section 8

I don't know why I find it so interesting to do these pictures of the faces I find on the obituary pages of the newspaper.  Nevertheless, I have the luxury of doing whatever I want.  The second row of pictures were done today at Lisa's.  We are trying to resurrect our old weekly painting time together, but time will tell if it still has any appeal for us.  I don't like the first two that I did today, but I'll keep them for awhile.  I never discarded any of the ones I did before, no matter what they looked like.  Now I seem to have developed some kind of criteria.  Since I don't know what it is, I'll wait and see how it develops.

The re-inspection of my house took place today and it failed again to live up to the standards for housing assistance.  This time the inspector spotted a flake of paint peeling off the top moulding of one of the dining room windows.  I don't need to describe how I feel about this.  Suffice it to say that I offered to get out my paintbrush and touch it up while he waited.  He refused the offer in favor of yet another inspection in February.  He stands in line with other agencies who are scrutinizing me for eligibility for other handouts.  Most of these have to do with my recent medical expenses.  The dirty word "entitlement" swims about my head as they investigate my finances.

Meanwhile, the pending law suit that looms over me, threatening to take away my means of support, has come to the fore again.  I have been offered a compromise whereby I am paid off and sent away.   It's hard for me to reconcile the image I have of myself as a basically decent human being with the image of a conniving, lazy, lying bitch who thinks the world owes her a living.  Fortunately, I have the support of those who know me. Therefore I am able to maintain a modicum of self-respect.

I really believe that people accuse others of doing what they, themselves would do under the same circumstances. The accuser reveals himself.  (Oh, that I could change my grammar with the times.  I really DO believe in political correctness.)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: