Saturday, January 05, 2013

More Snow and Ice

This is the bird feeder Beth sent to me after a day and night of raging snow.  This has been a real blizzard of the old-fashioned kind. My car was buried.  There followed a sad tale of shovels, plows, flat tires, AAA, missed appointments, and repair bills that I am too tired to tell, but life now seems pretty much back to normal.  I had my 68th birthday yesterday, formalized by dinner out with David and Thom after opening yet another gift from them.  I was inordinately happy with my present.......a warm vest from LLBean.  Vests are a staple of my wardrobe in the winter, but the others have all come from thrift shops and leave a lot to be desired in terms of condition and appearance.  I felt like the queen of downeast Maine in my new one, gleaming white with zipper pockets and fur-lined collar. 

There's not much to say about New Years Eve (I went to bed at 9:30), ot the fact that another year of my life has been marked off by the calendar.  There it is, I am here, that's the story.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Paula Guhin said...

Love your blog with the slideshows and photos and all. Paula at MixedMediaManic.blogspot.com